Why did you start a business in the first place? If it was the dream of pursuing a passion, being your own boss, making more money than when you were employed, flexibility to fit around family life… you wouldn’t be alone.
The harsh reality for many business owners is very different. Long hours, unpredictable income, blurred boundaries between home and work and the stress of knowing that ultimately the buck stops with you. It’s no wonder entrepreneurs often reach burnout or find their mental and physical health suffers.
I believe business owners deserve more. More support and the right knowledge to be able to both succeed at work AND have time to enjoy the important things in life.
If the stress of being your own boss is wearing you down, the sooner you can get some guidance and support the better.
Here are 6 signs that now may be the time…
- You’re constantly caught up in the busyness of the day to day, and after a long day’s hard slog you wonder what you actually achieved?
- You regularly feel overwhelmed by the sheer volume of tasks to be accomplished each day.
- Despite working all hours, the business isn’t growing as fast as you would like it to.
- You’re no longer sure where the boundaries are between home and work. You’re constantly checking your phone / emails / social media, including time that you should be mentally and physically present with those who matter the most.
- You don’t have the flexibility over your hours that you thought you would as your own boss. You find yourself missing out on your kids events and can’t remember the last time you made it home to put them to bed.
- You’re making money, but YOU are central to the business… without you, things would start to fall apart. This means taking time off and properly switching off is impossible.
If this sounds like you, get in touch. My ultimate goal is to guide business owners to achieve theirs, so their business works to fit their life and not the other way around.